Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services, giving you access to millions of songs and podcasts. But what if you want to speed up or slow down the playback speed of your favorite songs on Spotify?
Luckily, there are a few different ways to adjust the playback speed on Spotify across different devices and platforms.
How to Speed Up Songs on Spotify PC? [4 Methods]
There are several methods you can use to change the Spotify playback speed depending on what device and platform you are using. Here are the main options:
1. Use a Spotify App or Extension
One of the easiest ways on “how to speed up songs on Spotify android“. Here are some top options:
- Tempo for Spotify: A Chrome extension that allows you to speed up or slow down any song on Spotify’s web player. You can customize the speeds and easily change back to normal speed.
- SpotifySpeed: Another Chrome extension that gives you a speed control slider to adjust playback on Spotify’s web player. Has keyboard shortcuts too.
- Spotify Pitch Shift: A free iOS app that shifts the pitch and speed of Spotify songs on your iPhone or iPad. Lots of customization options.
- SpotiFaster: An Android app with a speed control slider to change playback speed on your Spotify for Android app.
2. Use a Media Player
If you download Spotify songs as local files, you can use common media players on your computer to control playback speed:
- VLC media player on your Windows computer has speed control options under Playback > Playback Speed.
- QuickTime Player on Mac also lets you adjust playback speed under View > Playback Speed.
So download your Spotify music first, then use your preferred media player.
3. Use Spotify Features
Depending on your Spotify subscription, there are some built-in playback options:
- Podcast playback speed: Spotify Premium subscribers can speed up or slow down the playback of podcasts on Spotify. Just tap the “1x” button.
- Spotify for Artists app: Artists can adjust song playback using the Spotify for Artists mobile app while reviewing analytics.
So if you want to tweak a podcast or your own song, use the official Spotify options.
4. Access Secret Settings
Spotify actually has hidden playback speed settings in the app, but you have to access secret settings menus to use them. Here’s how:
- On mobile: Go to Settings > Version to find the hidden playback speed controls.
- On desktop: Access the advanced settings by typing
spotify:app:playbackinto the search bar.
From there you can adjust the playback speed slider as needed. Just note that these are more hidden, advanced options.
Step-by-Step Guide to Speed Up Songs on Spotify
Ready to get started adjusting playback speeds? Here is a simple step-by-step walkthrough:
Step 1: Open the Spotify App
Firstly you need to launch the Spotify app on your device:
- Mobile: Open the Spotify app on your iPhone, Android, etc.
- Desktop: Open the Spotify desktop app on your Mac, or Windows PC.
- Web: Go to open.spotify.com in your browser.
Make sure you’re logged into your Spotify account.
Step 2: Play a Song
Now, start playing whichever song on Spotify you want to speed up. You can play from:
- Your library playlists
- Spotify-curated playlists
- Albums or radio stations
- Songs you’ve recently played
The song will start playing at normal 1x speed.
Step 3: Adjust Playback Speed
Here’s where you can actually adjust the speed up or down:
- Mobile app: Tap speed in Settings or tap the “1x” button by podcasts.
- Desktop app: Use the playback slider at
- Web player: Use a Chrome extension like Tempo for Spotify.
- Downloaded song: Change speed in VLC media player or QuickTime.
Pick your preferred speed, like 1.25x or 0.75x, and enjoy!
Step 4: Revert to Normal Speed
Don’t forget to change back to normal 1x playback speed when desired. Just:
- Move the speed slider back to 1x
- Tap the “1x” button again
- Disable any extensions/apps
And your song will resume playing at normal speed on Spotify.
How to Speed Up Songs on Spotify on iPhone?
Speeding up playback on Spotify songs and podcasts is easy to do right from your iPhone. Here is a simple process:
Step 1: Update to The Latest Version of Spotify
First, make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Spotify app on your iPhone. The latest app will have playback speed options available. Open the App Store and check for any Spotify updates.
Step 2: Launch the Spotify App
Next, open up the Spotify app on your iPhone. Make sure you are logged into your Spotify account in the app.
Step 3: Play a Song or Podcast
Now, start playing a song or podcast on Spotify that you want to speed up. You can play something from your library or browse Spotify playlists and albums.
Step 4: Tap the “1x” Icon
When the song is playing, tap on the “1x” icon in the bottom left corner of the Now Playing screen. This opens up the playback speed options.
Step 5: Select a Faster Speed
Scroll down and select a faster playback speed, like 1.25x or 1.5x. The maximum speed available is 3x.
Step 6: Listen at Faster Speed
Your song or podcast on Spotify will now play sped up to the faster speed you selected. You can tap the “1x” icon again to return to normal speed.
And that’s it! With just those few taps in the Spotify iOS app, you can easily listen to songs and podcasts at faster speeds on your iPhone. Slow down or speed up anytime.
Recommended Post: 10 Best Spotify Alternatives For Listening Music
How to Speed Up Songs on Spotify iOS?
If you use Spotify on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can quickly adjust the playback speed of songs and podcasts right in the iOS app.
Step 1: Update the Spotify App
First, make sure you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your iOS device. Open the App Store and check for any available updates to install.
Step 2: Open a Song or Podcast
Launch the Spotify app and start playing a song, album, playlist or podcast that you want to speed up. You can play from your library or browse Spotify content.
Step 3: Tap the “1x” Button
When the song or podcast is playing, tap on the “1x” button in the bottom left of the screen above the playback controls.
Step 4: Select a Faster Speed
This will open up the playback speed menu. Scroll down and tap a faster speed like 1.25x or 1.5x to speed up.
Step 5: Listen at Increased Speed
The song or podcast will now play back at the faster speed you selected. You can tap “1x” again to return to normal speed.
Step 6: Adjust Speeds as Needed
Repeat steps 3-5 to adjust playback speeds up or down as needed. Speeds go up to 3x normal.
And that’s all there is to it! With the latest version of the Spotify iOS app, speeding up your favorite songs and podcasts is quick and easy. Slow down or speed up on demand.
Check this Post: How To Share Your Spotify Playlists Like A Pro
FAQ About Spotify Playback Speed
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about changing playback speed on Spotify:
Can you speed up songs on the mobile app?
Yes, Spotify Premium subscribers can tap the “1x” button by podcast episodes on mobile to access speed options. You can also find the hidden playback speed setting under Settings > Version.
Does it change the pitch or just the speed?
Adjusting playback speed on Spotify simply speeds up/slows down the song, keeping the original pitch and audio quality. The pitch stays the same.
Is there a keyboard shortcut to change speed?
On the Spotify desktop app, you can set custom keyboard shortcuts for playback speed controls. Just enter
spotify:app:playback and click “Change key bindings”.
Does speeding up drain my mobile data faster?
Yes, speeding up songs results in data being used more quickly. Slowing down songs conserves your mobile data usage.
Can I save custom playback speeds?
Unfortunately, Spotify doesn’t let you save customized playback speeds right now. You have to manually adjust each time.
Adjusting playback speed on Spotify is easy once you know the tips and tricks. Use built-in settings, apps, extensions, media players, and shortcuts to speed up or slow down your favorite songs, podcasts, and music. Experiment to find your perfect listening pace. Just don’t forget to revert back to normal speed when you’re done!
Now go enjoy your favorite songs at whatever tempo suits you. Slow down to savor good music, or speed up to fit in more songs per hour. You’re in control of the soundtrack of your life!