Spotify has become one of the most popular music streaming services, offering access to millions of songs across different genres and artists. With Spotify, you can easily create playlists, share music with friends, and discover new artists.
One handy Spotify feature is the ability to select and manipulate multiple songs at once, rather than having to do each one individually. This allows you to efficiently build playlists, manage your library, and queue up music.
Whether you use Spotify on your phone, tablet, desktop, or web, selecting multiple tracks is simple once you know how. Here is a complete guide on selecting multiple songs on Spotify on all major platforms.
1. Spotify Select Multiple Songs iPhone
The Spotify app for iPhone and iPad makes it easy to pick multiple songs with just a few taps. Here are the steps:
- Open the Spotify app and navigate to a playlist, album, artist page, or other location where your desired songs are located.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the three-dot menu icon.
- Select “Select Items” from the menu.
- Tap on all of the songs you want to select. A white checkmark will appear on each selected track.
- Once you’ve picked all your songs, tap the three-dot menu again. Here you can “Add to Playlist” to put the selected songs in a playlist, “Share“, or other options.
The key is tapping the “Select Items” option to activate multiple select modes. From there, it’s easy to tap to pick exactly which songs or albums you want.
2. Spotify Select Multiple Songs Android
The Spotify app for Android has a similar multiple-selection process with a slightly different menu layout:
- Open the Spotify app on your Android device and go to a list of tracks.
- Tap the three vertical dot menu buttons in the top right corner.
- Choose “Select items” from the dropdown menu.
- Tap all the songs you want to include. A checkmark icon will appear on each selected track.
- With your songs selected, open the menu again and pick “Add to playlist“, “Go to playlist radio”, or any other option.
Again, it’s all about first activating “Select items” and then tapping tracks to choose them. The rest of the menus and options work the same as on iPhone.
3. How to Select Multiple Songs on Spotify PC?
Spotify’s desktop app for Mac and Windows offers several ways to select multiple tracks:
- Open Spotify and navigate to a list of songs.
- Click the first song you want to select, then hold Shift and click the last song to select a range.
- Alternatively, hold Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) to click and select multiple songs out of order.
- Right-click the selected songs and choose “Add to Playlist” or other options.
- Click the box icon beside each song to select it.
- Open the menu at the bottom of the screen and choose your action for the selected tracks.
On a desktop, you have the flexibility to make multiple selections just like you would files or text. This makes it very quick to pick songs and utilize them.
4. How to Select Multiple Songs on Spotify to Add to Playlist?
The Spotify web player behaves similarly to the desktop app when selecting multiple tracks:
- Go to the Spotify web player in your browser and open a playlist or list of songs.
- Click the first song, then hold Shift, and click the last song to select a range.
- You can also Ctrl+click (Windows) or Command+click (Mac) to select non-contiguous songs.
- With your songs highlighted, right-click and choose “Add to playlist” or other options.
- Alternatively, click the checkbox icon beside each song to select it before taking action.
The Spotify web player gives you the same selection powers as the desktop program, just accessible right from your browser.
Handy Shortcuts for Selecting Tracks
Beyond the click-and-drag method, Spotify offers some handy shortcuts for selecting multiple songs:
- Ctrl/Command+A – Select all songs in the current view. Great for adding entire albums or playlists quickly.
- Shift+Up/Down arrow – Select all songs between the current and the one above/below. Lets you quickly extend a selection.
- Ctrl/Command+click – Add or remove any individual song from the selection. Useful for cherry-picking tracks.
Get to know these shortcuts to save time when building playlists or organizing your music library.
How to Select Multiple Songs on Spotify to Delete or For Further Acts?
Once you’ve mastered selecting multiple tracks on Spotify, here are some of the most useful actions to take:
- Add to Playlist – The most common action, allows you to quickly build playlists out of albums, artists, or your library.
- Add to Queue – Choose multiple songs to begin playing immediately after your current track.
- Go to Playlist Radio – Instantly create a custom radio station based on the selected songs.
- Go to Song Radio – Create a radio station based on just the current highlighted track.
- Share – Send someone multiple selected songs.
- Delete – Remove unwanted tracks from playlists or your library.
- Download – Saves selected songs offline on your mobile device for listening when no signal.
Get creative with manipulating your selected tracks to manage playlists, share music, or discover new recommendations.
Tips for Managing Large Libraries
When you have a massive Spotify library, selecting individual songs can be tedious. Use these tips to make multi-selection easier:
- Use keyword searches to narrow down song lists before selecting.
- Sort songs or albums by name, date added, or other filters to quickly find what you need.
- Create playlists or folders to organize your library into smaller groups for easier selection.
- Use Ctrl/Command + A to instantly select an entire playlist or album then add it elsewhere.
- Toggle “Hide unplayable songs” to only show tracks you can take action on.
Take advantage of all of Spotify’s sorting, filtering, and playlisting tools to divide and conquer large collections.
Being able to select multiple Spotify songs efficiently is essential for creating playlists, organizing your library, sharing tracks, and all kinds of tasks.
Now you know how to select multiple tracks on iOS, Android, desktop apps, and the web using simple click-and-drag techniques or handy keyboard shortcuts.
Employ these Spotify power user skills to become a master playlist builder and music curator.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I select all the songs on an album or playlist at once?
Use the keyboard shortcut Command+A (Mac) or Ctrl+A (Windows) to instantly select all the songs in the album or playlist you are viewing. This will highlight every track ready for you to act on.
Can I undo song selection if I pick one by accident?
Yes! Just Ctrl/Command + click the accidentally selected track to deselect it. You can also clear your entire selection and start over by clicking in a space away from the song list.
Is there a max number of songs I can select?
There is no definitive limit, but selecting an extremely large number of tracks (in the thousands) may cause performance issues depending on the capability of your device. For most workflows, you likely don’t need more than a few hundred selected at once.
Does selecting songs download them or use mobile data?
No, selecting tracks does not download, stream, or otherwise use data. It just flags them visually so you can then utilize them in playlists, queues, etc. No media is transferred until you specifically save, play, or download the selected songs.
Can I select songs across different playlists or albums?
Unfortunately, you can only select and take action on songs within a single playlist or album at once. To add songs from different sources, you would need to create multiple selections. Spotify limits selections to one collection for easier management.