Spotify is a popular streaming music service that allows users to play millions of songs from their computers. However, some users experience the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error message when launching the app. This error can be frustrating, especially if you’re in the mood to listen to some tunes.
You’ve just updated your Spotify app, but now you’re getting a “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error when trying to use it. You have no idea what to do, and you’re starting to worry that you might be locked out of all your playlists for good.
In this guide, Spotifyerrors’ll discuss some possible solutions to fix the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error on Spotify.
causes of the “Sorry Something Went Wrong Error
There are several possible causes of the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error on Spotify:
1. Poor Internet connection: If you have a weak or unstable Internet connection, it can cause interruptions in the app’s functionality and lead to errors.
2. Cache files: Accumulated cache files can cause errors in the app’s performance. Clearing these files can help resolve the issue.
3. Ongoing issues: Sometimes, the app may experience ongoing issues due to maintenance or updates. Checking for ongoing issues can help you determine if the error is due to these problems.
4. Conflicting logins: If you have multiple devices logged into your Spotify account, it can cause conflicts that lead to errors.
5. Region-specific issues: Some users may experience errors due to region-specific issues, such as restrictions or limitations in certain areas.
6. Corrupted files: In rare cases, the app’s files may become corrupted or damaged, leading to errors in the app’s functionality.
How To Fix “Sorry Something Went Wrong” Error?
By identifying the cause of the error, you can take appropriate steps to resolve Spotify Error Code 73 and enjoy uninterrupted music streaming on Spotify.
1. Check your Internet Connection
The first step in troubleshooting the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error on Spotify is to check your internet connection. Poor connectivity can result in errors and Spotify glitches when using the app.
If you are facing Spotify something went to the Spotify Error Code Auth 74 then try to restart the modem and the router. If you’re using a mobile device, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if that helps.
2. Reinstall Spotify
If the error persists, try reinstalling the Spotify app on your device. Go to the Microsoft Store (Windows) or Google Play Store (Android) and search for the Spotify app.
Uninstall the app from your device, then reinstall it. This may help clear any cache data or corrupted files that may be causing the error.
3. Check for Ongoing Issues
Sometimes, the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error may be due to ongoing issues with the Spotify servers. To check if there are any ongoing issues, visit the Spotify Status Twitter page or the Spotify Community page.
Here, you can find information about any known issues and whether they are being worked on.
4. Clear Cache Files
Cache files can accumulate over time and cause Spotify Login Error 404 on the app. Clearing the cache data may help resolve the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error. To clear the cache files on Windows, follow these steps:
- Close the Spotify app
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run command
- Type “appdata” and press the OK Button.
- Select the “Local” folder
- Scroll down to the “Packages” folder and select “SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0“
- Open the “LocalCache” folder and delete all the files in it
On an Android device, follow these steps to clear the cache files:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Find the Spotify app and select it
- Tap Storage
- App Clear cache
5. Use a VPN Service
If you’re still experiencing the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error, try using a VPN service. Sometimes, the error may be due to region-specific issues like Spotify Error 111, and using a VPN service can help resolve the issue. Connect to a different region on your VPN service and try launching the Spotify app again.
6. Try a Private Session
Another possible solution to the error is to try a private session. This feature allows you to listen to music without sharing any information with others. To start a private session, click on the profile picture in the top right corner of the app and select “Private Session.”
7. Select Log Out Everywhere
If you have multiple devices connected to your Spotify account, the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error may be due to conflicting logins. To resolve Spotify App Not Responding Error, log out of all devices connected to your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your account page on the Spotify website
- Select “Apps“
- Select “Revoke Access” on all devices
- Log out of the Spotify app on your device and then log in again.
In conclusion, the “Sorry Something Went Wrong” error on Spotify can be frustrating, but it is fixable. Try these possible solutions to resolve the issue and get back to listening to your favorite tunes.
Remember to check your internet connection, clear cache files, reinstall the app, check for ongoing issues, use a VPN service, try a private session, and log out of all devices connected to your account.