Spotify is one of the world’s most popular music streaming platforms, with millions of users enjoying its vast library of songs, podcasts, and other audio content. If you have a Spotify subscription, you might need to update your payment method at some point, whether you’re switching from one credit card to another or adding a new debit card.
In this article, Spotifyerrors’ll guide you on “How to Change Spotify Payment Method,” whether you’re on a free version, Spotify Premium Plan, a Family plan, or a student plan.
Fortunately, changing your payment method on Spotify is a quick and easy process that can be done in a few simple steps.
Accessing Your Spotify Account
Before you can update your payment method on Spotify Premium Version, you’ll need to access your Spotify account through a web browser. You can log in to the Spotify website on your computer or mobile device. Once you’ve logged in, you should be directed to your account page.
If you’re not automatically directed to your account page, you can select the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen and “select Account” from the dropdown menu.
Read also: How Much Is Spotify Premium In UK And US?
Updating Your Payment Method on Spotify
Once you’re on your account page, updating your payment method is straightforward. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click “Subscription” from the screen’s menu on the left-hand side. This will take you to your subscription page, where you can manage your Spotify++ iOS account details.
- Under the “Your plan” section, “click Update” next to your current payment method. This will open a new page where you can update your payment details.
- On the next page, you can update your payment information or add a new payment method. If updating your current knowledge, enter your further card details and click “Change Payment Details.”
- If you’re adding a new payment method, click “Add a payment method” and enter your card details.
- Once you’ve entered your payment details, review them to ensure they’re correct, and click “Save.” Your new payment method will be saved, and your billing date will be updated accordingly.
Family Plan of Spotify
If you’re on a family plan, updating your payment method follows the same steps. However, it would be best if you remembered that there is only one payment method for the entire family plan.
So, if you own the family plan, only you can update the payment information. Once you’ve updated your payment information, it will apply to all family plan members.
Spotify Plan for Students
If you’re on a student plan, you can update your payment method by following the above steps. However, remember to verify your student status before changing your payment method.
Spotify Free Version
If you’re using the accessible version of Spotify, you won’t be able to change your payment method since you don’t have one. However, you can upgrade to a Spotify Premium Plan anytime and update your payment information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I check my payment method on the Spotify app?
1. Open the Spotify app and tap the gear icon in the top right corner to access settings.
2. Tap “View Account” under the “Account” section.
3. Enter your Spotify login credentials if prompted.
4. Under the “Your plan” section, you will see your current subscription and payment method.
How do I stop Spotify from charging my account?
1. Go to the Spotify website and log in to your account.
2. Click on “Subscription” from the menu on the left-hand side.
3. Click “Change or Cancel” next to your current subscription plan.
4. Select “Cancel Premium” and follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.
What are the 3 methods of payment?
1. Cash: physical currency, coins, or banknotes used to make personal payments.
2. Credit or Debit card: electronic payment method that allows the cardholder to make purchases by borrowing money or using funds from their bank account.
3. E-wallets: a digital payment system that allows users to store payment information, such as credit card numbers, and use it to purchase electronically through a computer or mobile device. Examples include PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Wallet.
How to get Spotify Premium for free?
Is Spotify Premium Worth It?
The subscription fee also supports artists and creators by providing them a higher payout for their streams.
Changing your payment method on Spotify is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few minutes. The steps are the same whether switching to new credit cards or adding new debit cards.
Accessing your Spotify account through a web browser lets you quickly and easily update your payment details and ensure your subscription remains active and ad-free.
So, next time you need to update your payment information, follow these steps and enjoy your favorite music, podcasts, and other audio content hassle-free on Spotify.